The Wind

We're a punk band, and like early punk bands we give an ear from time to time to reggae music. This song is about the wind. Wind is the flow of air or other gases that compose an atmosphere. When a difference in pressure exists between two adjacent air masses, the air tends to flow from the region of high pressure to the region of low pressure. On a rotating planet, flows will be acted upon by the Coriolis force, in regions sufficiently far from the equator and sufficiently high above the surface.
Of all the (many) inconvenients that come with living in Kettering, the wind is among the worse. Walk up Bath road everyday for two years and you'll never have to prove your courage again to me. It's like trying to keep on your feet in front of a gigantic electric fan. This place is a real nightmare.

I get up in the morning and make a cup of tea
I drink it in the garden and then i grab my key

I open the door and the sun isn't shining anymore
There's wind, so much wind blowing in my face

I'm working in an office everyday from 8 till 4
Then i shut down my computer and open up the door

I open the door and the sun isn't shining anymore
There's wind, so much wind blowing in my face

And on my way i'm calling at the next first pub
I drink a pint of Carling until my head is stun
And when the night is falling i can feel the wind
I'm standing in my garden and that's where it begins